88, route des Ponts
74350 ALLONZIER LA CAILLE
GPS : 46°00'36.9"N 6°06'43.9"E
Longitude: 6.111726, Latitude: 46.010527
Two bridges run across the River Les Usses that flows 150 metres below the elegant Charles Albert suspension bridge, inaugurated in 1839 and the modern concrete single-arched Caquo bridge finished in 1928.
The ruins of la Caille Baths discretely lie at the bottom of the gorges. In the Roman days, then from 1850 to 1935, the "Fontaine de Cherpié" was renowned for the sulphur it contained. The high society from Geneva and Paris was attracted by a very posh SPA and casino. They came both for cure and entertainment.